Posted on February 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM
After coming across a copy of The Phantom (1996) in my local video rental store, I noticed that brandishing the DVD cover was the laughably bad tagline: “SLAM EVIL!” After chuckling derisively for a few moments I was reminded of some of the other horrible movie taglines I’d seen over the years, and searched the store for a few more choice quotes.
Here are some of my personal favourites…
- The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants: "Laugh. Cry. Share the pants" (er... no thanks)
- Suspiria: "The Only Thing More Terrifying Than The Last 12 Minutes Of This Film Are The First 92" (so, it gets progressively less scary; also this film only runs for 97 minutes)
- Die Hard 2: "Die harder" (facepalm!)
- Ape: "Not to be confused with King Kong" (self-esteem issues)
- Ocean's Twelve: "Twelve is the new Eleven" (no it's not, go back to pre-school)
- Clash of the Titans: "Titans will clash" (well... duh)
So bad it's good...
- Silent Rage: "Science created him. Now Chuck Norris must destroy him."
And the best...
- The Thing: "Man is the warmest place to hide"
So what are some of your worst movie/TV show/video game taglines? Let us know in the comments section below.